FREE ESL Classes! In-person or Online! All levels welcome!
About our English classes
Integrated English Language and Civics Education (IELCE) classes are also available for English language learners seeking job training, civics education, community engagement, and/or citizenship skills.
Our program teaches English in the context of workforce preparation. This includes teaching skills that are necessary in the workplace so that students can get a job or a better job.
We are goal-oriented
Our staff helps students set goals for themselves and provides case management and barrier removal so students can attain their goals. After students have progressed through ESL, our staff can help students transition from ESL to High School Equivalency (e.g. GED) preparatory classes, Home Health Aide and Nurse Training classes, citizenship classes, or college.
- Open to all non-native English speakers EXCEPT F-1 visa holders
- Must be a resident of the Philadelphia region
- Must be able to attend classes two days a week
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 months of classes
- Must complete English assessment after 70 hours of instruction
How do I apply?
- Complete the application below
- You will receive an email with an appointment invitation. Please check your email and respond with a confirmation
- You will come to the office to take an English test to determine your level
- You will complete new student paperwork and orientation
- We will enroll you in ESL class and give you your free textbook